Date: 11/23/19 6:52 am
From: Barbara Volkle <barb620...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Pink-footed Goose - River Road Bike Path Parking lot, Agawam, Hampden, Massachusetts
I've posted the reports this morning from ebird below. Thanks to Ted Gilliland dn Dorrie Holmes for reporting.

Barbara Volkle
Northborough, MA
<barb620...>
*

Pink-footed Goose (Anser brachyrhynchus) (1)
- Reported Nov 23, 2019 05:55 by Ted Gilliland
- River Road Bike Path Parking lot, Agawam, Hampden, Massachusetts
- Map:http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.0579696,-72.6040266&ll=42.0579696,-72.6040266
- Checklist:https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S61666672
- Media: 5 Photos
- Comments: "Continuing bird. Photos. Smaller goose, with more grayish colored mantle and upper wing coverts. Small relatively stubby bill with dark base and pale area near the tip and along lower edge of upper mandible. Mostly whitish tail visible in flight. Arriving early may help catch a glimpse of this bird. It left with one of the earliest departing flocks of Canada geese, around 7 AM."

Pink-footed Goose (Anser brachyrhynchus) (1)
- Reported Nov 23, 2019 06:45 by Dorrie Holmes
- CT River/Longmeadow/Agawam section, Hampden, Massachusetts
- Map:http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.0387988,-72.6064968&ll=42.0387988,-72.6064968
- Checklist:https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S61667962
- Comments: "Continuing...Seen mixed with Canadas. Smaller in size than a Canada, grayish/brown body/neck, prominent white tail in flight. Good views through Ted Gilliand’s scope and then found again with our own. Thanks to Ted help in locating this goose."

Join us on Facebook!