Date: 11/22/19 9:38 am
From: Linda Just <ljustrn...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Sour grapes
I was thinking the same thing myself. I have a strand of Pokeweed that the
Cardinals, White-throated Sparrows, Carolina Wrens & others still feast on.
Albeit, dried up and certainly not at their prime, the berries still are an
important food source. That is why it’s so important to keep those valuable
food sources available to them. I also don’t aggressively clean up my yard,
so that birds, caterpillars, insects and other wildlife have available food
sources under the fallen leaves, instead of mulching them all. Manicured
lawns are devoid of those food sources. Having said that, I am starting to
see more birds at my feeders after what seemed to be a long absence.

Linda Just
Colora, Md