Date: 11/21/19 6:12 pm
From: Jeff Gilligan <jeffgilligan10...>
Subject: [obol] Sauvie's Island Report
I birded the island today with Dennis Roger’s son Steven, who grew in Costa Rica.

Our two surprise species were:

1. Adult Ross’ Goose near the Coon Post parking area. We were on the dike when it flew over near a small group of flying Snow Geese. Its call got our attention. It joined the Snow Geese in flight and was very noticeably smaller. It went with them to the huge Snow Goose flock further from the road and could not be relocated in the heat waves.

2. Two adult White-tailed Kites were near the end of the gravel part of Reeder Road. These were the second and third kites that I have seen on the island, which I have birded since 1963.

Jeff Gilligan

Join us on Facebook!