Date: 11/21/19 1:53 pm
From: <birdmarymoor...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Marymoor Park (Redmond, King Co.) 2019-11-21
Tweets – We had thick fog that took its time burning off, but we eventually had blue skies and sun. Temps went up 12 degrees after starting at a nippy 31 degrees. The fog made some viewing quite difficult. We also had several birds we thought we heard, but which we never could track down for sure.

Highlights:
a.. TRUMPETER SWAN - heard calling at least twice – saw four calling birds flying west in sublime light
b.. Common Goldeneye – two gorgeous males above the slough, with fog and dappled sunlight
c.. Green Heron – Brian saw one at the Rowing Club; we didn’t see it when we went by later
d.. Cooper’s Hawk – one in willows, east edge of East Meadow
e.. Hairy Woodpecker – male working the bottom of trees under the heronry
f.. Northern Shrike – juvenile at Compost Piles
g.. Cedar Waxwing – 7-10 seen
h.. American Goldfinch – one at Rowing Club was our first after a 5 week absence
So a nice enough day, but nothing dramatic.

Misses today included Bufflehead, Ring-billed Gull, and Lincoln’s Sparrow.

Next week, we’ll be out Wednesday at 7:30, to avoid Thanksgiving.

For the day, 53 species.

= Michael Hobbs
= www.marymoor,org/birding.htm
= <BirdMarymoor...>