Date: 11/19/19 2:25 pm
From: 'Tom McCabe' <tmccabe9...> [ible] <ible-noreply...>
Subject: [IBLE] Another great day
By the time I got home today, I had 40 birds (my fifth day in a row of 40 or
more), but then I saw the postings about the Brant being at the Idaho
Transportation Department (aka ITD). I had circled the grounds earlier, but
I think he was hiding. So of course I had to get back on my bike and go back
to ITD. That's where I met Luis (the photographer who gave us the original 3
photos) and his co-worker, Tony, who was the first to find the bird about a
week ago. They were standing about 20 feet away from the Brant, and I would
not have seen it but for figuring "these 2 guys must be looking at something
special." They were, and it was.

So Luis and Tony told me the GWF Goose was also there, but I again dipped
and scouted all the way to Veterans Pond. Then, on the way back, Paul,
another birder, pulled over to tell me that "my" Brant and White-fronted
Goose were still at ITD. This time I bushwhacked across the back lot at ITD
to find the White-fronted, giving me 42 birds for the day. When I got back
around to where the Brant had been, there was quite a crowd of birders,
photographers and ITD employees (who were wondering what all the excitement
was about). Who knows, maybe we'll infect some of them. ;-)

A great way to spend the day.

Tom McCabe, Boise

Join us on Facebook!