Date: 11/18/19 8:26 pm
From: 'Tom McCabe' <tmccabe9...> [ible] <ible-noreply...>
Subject: RE: [IBLE] 3 Brant photos
This bird was in the back pond of Esther Simplot when I was on my way home. I was looking for the recent White-fronted Goose when I saw this dark, almost black, goose. When Sandra sent me her first photo, I immediately realized that we were talking about the same bird. And I can honestly say that I have NEVER seen a Brant along the Boise River in all my biking adventures. Way cool. (Unfortunately, the bird took off upriver while I was watching it..)

Tom McCabe, Boise

BTW, Larry Arnold is currently going through conniptions because he missed this bird. Somehow I think I know where he’ll be hanging out tomorrow. ;-)