Date: 11/18/19 8:02 pm
From: Jack Williamson <jack.williamson.jr...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Sauvie Island (Columbia Cty.)Light morph Harlan's hawk
I have more questions than answers after reviewing a few images
(presumably) of the same bird first found by Ed McVicker then refound by
Tom McNamara 16 November.

I have labeled the following field marks for [+] and against [-] a Harlan's
Id this evening after reviewing images captured earlier today

[-] Lack of Feathered tarsi
[+] Outer primaries appear boldly banded
[-] Absence of a dark belly band
[-] Patagials not larger/bolder than other species in the area
[-] Absence of longitudinal black streaks on retrices
[-] Forecrown not distinctly whiteish
[+] Yellow cere

Looking forward to learning what I have not seen but should have.

View the full-screen slideshow for the best resolution.

https://adobe.ly/346t2UI

Jack Williamson
West Linn, Oregon

Join us on Facebook!