Date: 11/18/19 9:20 am
From: 'jovet' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Painted Buntings
I was there yesterday (Nov 17) and did not see them.  However, one birder present reported he had seen the male in the phragmites tops about an hour before I arrived - so he probably saw the bird between noon and 1 p.m.  I did not see it reported in ebird.   We missed all the recently reported target birds there yesterday afternoon (Nashville Warbler, Orange-crowned warbler, Wilson's warbler, lesser black-backed gull) but had a nice Winter Wren and a good time looking.
Just up the road, the Sandhill Crane continued on Stevens Road Pond.   We also missed Franklin's Gull at Conowingo, but it was reported this morning via ebird (Nov 18).
Joanne
Joanne Howl, DVMWest River, MD