Date: 11/18/19 8:17 am
From: Ernie Nickels <nickelseldesigns...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Possible Louisiana Waterthrush in Tempe?
Yesterday morning 11/17/19 at the eastern tip of Papago Park at the recently
restored lagoon, College & Curry:

I expected to see a Black Phoebe, but the small bird hopping along the rocks
at water's edge, repeatedly dipped its tail & its bill seemed long for its
size. The nearest I could find was either Louisiana or Northern Waterthrush
- maybe possible during migration? We kept too far away to see any markings
w/out binoculars & it continued along the rocks around the edge of the
lagoon. Any comments from the experts?

Jeanette Nickels

Tempe AZ