Date: 11/16/19 4:55 pm
From: <lwrkenai...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] CEAZ: Cave Creek--Spur Cross Conservation Area Western Tanager
Birders,

This morning at about 11:00 AM I spotted a Western Tanager at the Spur Cross
Conservation Area along the Metate Trail. The bird was perched in a mesquite
above the "Solar Oasis" pond, and I was able to get brief views at eye level
of its yellow/olive breast and underparts, whitish wing bars and notched tail.
Unfortunately, the bird did not vocalize or stick around for photos. The
wolfberry (lycium sp.) bushes were loaded with ripe berries all along the
trails, attracting many birds. Also notable were singing Crissal Thrasher and
Green-tailed Towhee. Full list on eBird.

Note: there is a $3.00 day-use fee for this area and the pay station is right
at the main trailhead.

Good Birding,

Brian Ison

Scottsdale
<lwrkenai...>

/Users/brianison/Desktop/eBird Report - Spur Cross Ranch Conservation Area,
Nov 16, 2019.eml