Date: 11/16/19 1:43 pm
From: Kent Johnson <kentjohnson...>
Subject: [MBBIRDS] Empire Grade Crossbills and Nuthatches
This morning there were many RED CROSSBILLS and RED-BREASTED NUTHATCHES along Empire Grade between Felton Empire Road and Feather Lane. I stopped 4-5 times along this stretch of road and had both species at each stop, including about 50 crossbills at Spaten Way and about 10 nuthatches between there and Felton Empire Rd. Analysis of the crossbill call types has not yet been done, but I think they were probably all type 2.

Kent Johnson
Boulder Creek