Date: 11/15/19 7:11 pm
From: Dennis Paulson <dennispaulson...>
Subject: [Tweeters] more Eurasian Tree Sparrow info
Hello tweets,

I only get the Digest, so I don’t know if anything more was posted after Brad Waggoner told us about the hybrid Eurasian Tree Sparrow X House Sparrow at Neah Bay, but I did want to add that in Eugene McCarthy’s Handbook of Avian Hybrids of the World, that hybrid has been reported many times, even in North America (Minnesota, at some distance from the normal range in the US). So it seems fairly likely to happen and be genetically viable.

If you were a lonely Eurasian Tree Sparrow at Neah Bay, and breeding season came around, what would you do?

Dennis Paulson
Seattle