Date: 11/15/19 3:01 pm
From: dawn v <d_villa...>
Subject: [obol] West Tillamook Raptor survey
Caren Willoughby and I ran the West Tillamook Raptor survey yesterday
under oddly hazy skies. The West Tillamook route is about 56 miles
and includes Netarts Bay, Oceanside, Cape Meares, Tillamook River and
wetlands, numerous farm roads in Tillamook, and Alderbrook Loop
(Idaville). We tallied 68 raptors, 8 different species:
Red-tailed Hawk - 16
Red-shouldered Hawk - 2
American Kestrel - 7
Northern Harrier - 9
Bald Eagle - 21 Adults, 5 Sub-adults
Merlin - 2
Peregrine Falcon - 4
Barred Owl - 1
Unknown Buteo Sp - 1 We have so many stories to tell - an elk crossing
the road to swim across Cape Meares Lake right in front of our car, a
Barred Owl right by Suppress Rd, a Merlin flushing a flock of colorful
Western Meadowlarks at Goodspeed Rd twice, only to have them vanish in
the grass immediately after, and so much more! Fun day! dawn v
Lincoln City/Nelscott POST: Send your post to <obol...>
UNSUBSCRIBE: //www.freelists.org/list/obol OBOL archives:
www.freelists.org/archive/obol Contact moderator:
<obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!