Date: 11/15/19 2:31 pm
From: <lcarrigan_55...> [ible] <ible-noreply...>
Subject: [IBLE] Thanks Carl & Larry
Thanks for both your viewpoints, Carl & Larry. Will be interesting to see if any of the current Blue Jays overwinter from this year into next. Just refilled the feeder for afternoon & all 3 appeared within minutes.

Have to admit to mixed feelings of the possibility of Blue Jay range expansion. And, I was leaning toward the chance that we might be witnessing range expansion. But, I know Blue Jays feed on songbird nester eggs & hatchlings from previous experience with the jays in Texas. I also know that I would not want another songbird predator thrown into the mix, as spring songbirds already have enough challenges. At the same time, the Blue Jay is striking with its variations in blue color from turquoise to bright blue. And, definitely, the jays are not shy in alerting one to their presence! Qualities which make for a fun feeder bird.

All in all, however, hoping Carl is correct & this fall's Blue Jay numbers represent a noticeable irruption. Again, thanks for the great information & input.

Brian Carrigan
Blackfoot

To view archived messages go to:

http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/ible