Date: 11/15/19 8:38 am
From: Lars Norgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Re: a quiz just for fun
I recall Shawneen Finnegan saying November was the peak month for
vagrant detections on the Atlantic coast. She lived at Cape May for
multiple years. My best vagrant to date is Killdeer, which l saw the first
week of November, 10 degrees further north than Cape May, on Ouessant. This
is France's twin to England's more famous Scilly. At the time Killdeer had
been recorded in Normandy but never Brittany.

On Fri, Nov 15, 2019, 7:52 AM <t4c1x...> wrote:

> What months have you birders seen the highest number of rare species in
> your home counties? For me in LIncoln, it is August, but quite
> surprisingly, November is running a very close second. I restrict the
> question to the home county, because traveling to look at out of county
> rarities would skew the statistics.
>
> Darrel

Join us on Facebook!