Date: 11/15/19 3:00 am
From: drgngem K <drgngems2013...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Assistance needed
I'm hoping to attend Bird Watchers Digest April 2020 tour of the Asheville NC area but I have limited mobility. I use a motorized wheelchair that can off road very well, except for wet grass and gravel. I CAN walk but tire easily and can lose mobility if my spine shifts wrong. It's not as scary as it sounds! Really.
I've spoken to the tour company and they say the terrain should be okay and the pace slow. There's one hitch. I need someone to come with me, to drive the rental car and lift the 50-60lb chair in and out of the car, though I may be able to rent a ramp if needed to assist with this. So, anyone interested? You pay airfare, room and food but all of the rest of the trip is either at a reduced price or free (full price is $2699.) I will have to vet whomever comes because, well, I don't know you! 🙂😉
Up to helping me live a dream? Let me know. Other logistics still need to be worked out with the tour company but they've agreed to take me with the caveat of someone driving and helping me with the chair.
Fingers crossed.
Airfare via Southwest from BWI to GSP (Greenville Spartanburg, 1.5hr drive to Asheville) is around $80-$100 each way, other carriers from BWI to Asheville are $100-$200 each way with a layover/change in Atlanta
Thanks
Rebecca in Baltimore Co.
https://readerrendezvous.com/events/asheville-north-carolina-2020/