Date: 11/14/19 5:19 pm
From: Barbara Volkle <barb620...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Orange-crowned Warbler and Winter Wren at Powers Farm in Randolph
Thanks to Paul Peterson for this report.

Barbara Volkle
Northborough, MA
<barb620...>

*

Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 23:43:05 +0000 (UTC)
From: Paul Peterson <petersonpaul63...>

I birded here for a bit more than three hours. The ORANGE-CROWNED
WARBLER was down in the weeds and brush along the path by Norroway Pond,
about forty yards beyond the spillway all the way to the overhanging
White Cedar. (it was moving along the side of the path). The WINTER WREN
was seen along the back boardwalk that goes through a marshy area. (near
Grove St.). Ample parking off North Main St. in this historic, lovely
area of Randolph:

Sharp-shinned Hawk 1  flying over as I was looking at a Cooper's Hawk in
a tree!
Cooper's Hawk 1
Belted Kingfisher 1
Common Raven 1
Winter Wren 1
Carolina Wren 3
Golden-crowned Kinglet 1
Orange-crowned Warbler 1
Fox Sparrow 1  F.O.F.
White-throated Sparrow 17
Swamp Sparrow 3
Song Sparrow 14
Domesticated Goat 2
Assorted chickens and roosters

P.S. I have found SIX WINTER WREN of late : three at D. Blakely Hoar
Sanctuary in Brookline, one at Moose Hill Audubon in Sharon, one at
Millennium Park in West Roxbury, and now this one.

Paul Peterson
<petersonpaul63...>
Boston

Join us on Facebook!