Date: 11/14/19 2:40 pm
From: Gary Freedman <gmf7162...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Great Blue Heron in Stow
At about 1530, watched a Great Blue Heron marching around on the ice on the
frozen fire hole on Tuttle Lane in Stow across from the community gardens.
It was keeping toward the edges but did venture central to the tiny pond.
It didn't seem to be hunting. Kept its neck tucked to chest (maybe to keep
warm?). I've seen heron there occasionally, but this is certainly the
latest I've seen one there. Who knew that herons could skate.

1 House Wren
Several White-throated Sparrows
2 Flickers
Countless Jays
Countless WB Nuthatches
2 Downies
2 Hairies
Many Juncos
Many cold digits

GHOW calling in same area last night, but couldn't find any/traces of same.

Gary Freedman
Stow, MA

Join us on Facebook!