Date: 11/14/19 10:29 am
From: Mark Greenfield <sauviemark...>
Subject: [obol] Black Phoebe
A black phoebe is visiting our pond today. It's the first one I’ve seen here in at least five years. Also, an osprey continues to appear on or above our property almost daily. I suspect it is the juvenile that was raised in the nest on Gillihan Road about 1/4 mile from the Sauvie Island bridge. We’ve been waiting for the bird to migrate south, and now it seems that it might stay here all winter.

As yet, we have not seen a white throated sparrow. They typically arrive here by late October/early November. I continue to look for them daily. And I have not seen a varied thrush here in over a year, which is surprising. Sightings of Mourning and Eurasian collared doves and red-winged blackbirds are way down this fall. I keep expecting the blackbirds to arrive en masse, and perhaps they will soon, as they nest in our pond.

Mark Greenfield
Gillihan Road
Sauvie IslandPOST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!