Date: 11/13/19 2:05 pm
From: Larry McQueen <larmcqueen...>
Subject: [obol] Wed morning, Eugene
Our group covered the north trails at Mt. Pisgah this morning, the flat roads and trails along the river. We had some mixed flocks, making numbers uncertain, at best. Two special birds were the 8 flying swans and the Western Meadowlarks. I think the meadowlarks are new to the list of that area, but not necessarily new to the area, as there is plenty of open space. We had no Varied Thrush and no House Finches; in fact, the finches were missing in general. Much of the blackberry cover had been removed and as a consequence, we are not getting Wrentits in this area, where several pair had been so regular.
46 species.

Cackling Goose 400
Canada Goose 65
Tundra Swan 8
Gadwall 2
American Wigeon 40
Mallard 10
Ring-necked Duck 12
Bufflehead 9
Pied-billed Grebe 1
American Coot 2
Ring-billed Gull 1
Double-crested Cormorant 1
Great Blue Heron 1
Great Egret 4
Bald Eagle 1
Red-shouldered Hawk 1
Red-tailed Hawk 1
Belted Kingfisher 1
Red-breasted Sapsucker 1
Downy Woodpecker 6
Hairy Woodpecker 1
Northern Flicker 5
Black Phoebe 2
California Scrub-Jay 2
American Crow 5
Black-capped Chickadee mixed flock
Bushtit few
White-breasted Nuthatch 1
Brown Creeper 5
Pacific Wren 7
Bewick’s Wren 5
Ruby-crowned Kinglet several in mixed flock
American Robin 2
European Starling small flock
House Sparrow
Lesser Goldfinch 2
Spotted Towhee 10
Fox Sparrow 5
Song Sparrow 4
White-throated Sparrow 1
White-crowned Sparrow 2
Golden-crowned Sparrow 20
Dark-eyed Junco 25+
Western Meadowlark 4
Yellow-rumped Warbler a few
Townsend’s Warbler several of both sexes in dense cedar in mixed flock

Dennis Arendt, Randy Sinnott, Judy Franzen, Scott McNeeley, Ellen Cantor, Jim Regali, Tom Cable, Kit Larsen, Nancy Clogston, and Larry McQueen

Join us on Facebook!