Date: 11/12/19 10:58 am
From: L.T. Jaeger <ltjaeger...>
Subject: Re: [MBBIRDS] Maybe Glaucous Gull on Moss Landing SB
I’ll chime in here as well since the bird seems a bit problematic. Overall, the bird’s head doesn’t seem “blocky” enough to be a pure Glaucous. Specifically, the bill seems a bit large, and the forehead is very sloped; I think of Glaucous Gull having a steeper forehead.

Why isn’t this bird an albino Western Gull, or, alternatively, an albino Western x Glaucous-winged?

Clay

Clay Kempf
Elkhorn