Date: 11/11/19 10:15 pm
From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
Subject: [obol] Re: another beached Barred Owl
Eugene has been sloshing in Barred Owls this fall. Not just the usual ones up on the ridgeline trails but several all over town.

We have had something of a rat issue in recent years owing to the expanding presence of chickens kept in the city. I have wondered if the food supply for Barred Owl has been unusually good.

Alan Contreras
<acontrer56...>
Eugene, Oregon

www.alanlcontreras.com

Attending Christmas Bird Counts with good weather forecasts.

> On Nov 11, 2019, at 10:06 PM, Steve Jaggers <sjaggers280...> wrote:
>
> I am thinking it has been a very good breeding year as there have also been many reports/photos of Barred Owls showing up on the Birding Oregon Facebook page.
>
> Steve Jaggers
>
> On Mon, Nov 11, 2019 at 9:49 PM Jeff Gilligan <jeffgilligan10...> <mailto:<jeffgilligan10...>> wrote:
> There must a lot of Barred Owls out there. I have seen two road-kill Barred Owls in the past few weeks. One on the Long Beach Peninsula, and one near Clatskanie.
>

> Jeff Gilligan
>

> > On Nov 11, 2019, at 9:20 PM, Linda Fink <linda...> <mailto:<linda...>> wrote:
> >
> > today on my beached bird survey for COASST at Bob Straub Park, Pacific City. First owl I've ever found on the beach. I'll ask COASST if they have any ideas why BAOWs are suddenly being found on Oregon beaches.
> >
> > Linda Fink
> > --
> >
> > POST: Send your post to <obol...> <mailto:<obol...>
> > Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...> <mailto:<obol-moderators...>
> >

> POST: Send your post to <obol...> <mailto:<obol...>
> UNSUBSCRIBE: //www.freelists.org/list/obol <http://www.freelists.org/list/obol>
> OBOL archives: www.freelists.org/archive/obol <http://www.freelists.org/archive/obol>
> Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...> <mailto:<obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!