Date: 11/11/19 8:53 pm
From: 'Tom McCabe' <tmccabe9...> [ible] <ible-noreply...>
Subject: [IBLE] Greater White-fronted Goose at Veteran's
In honor of Veteran's Day, a Greater White-fronted Goose showed up at the
upriver end of Veteran's Pond. I was cruising by on my bike when I thought
it strange that a female Mallard would be hanging out with a bunch of Canada
Geese. When I got closer I realized it was definitely not a Mallard. This is
the first time I've spotted one in "my" stretch of the Boise River and
Greenbelt in years. The pond was full of Canadas today, as well as Gadwalls,
C. Mergansers, C. Goldeneye, H. Mergansers and A. Wigeons. And right after
seeing the GW Goose, I had a double flyover of a RT Hawk and a Belted
Kingfisher. (I love Fall along the river!)

Tom McCabe, Boise

Join us on Facebook!