Date: 11/11/19 8:50 pm
From: Paul Hurtado <paul.j.hurtado...>
Subject: A Request: Better documentation for California/Woodhouse's Scrub-Jays in NW Nevada
Hi all,

I was looking through "Western" Scrub-Jay observations in eBird this
weekend, and was a bit surprised at how sparsely we have data on California
and Woodhouse's Scrub-Jays in the region.

I encourage those of you living in or visiting northern and western NV to
please pay close attention to any California or Woodhouse's Scrub-Jays you
encounter and try to get good photo documentation posted in eBird of any
individuals that are clearly one species or the other as well as confusing
birds that seem to be less than obviously one or the other. Photos showing
the back, the underparts -- including undertail coverts (in good light,
ideally! :-) ) -- and nice side views of the head would be greatly
appreciated!

Thanks,
Paul Hurtado

--