Date: 11/11/19 4:17 pm
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] Curry Update
Dave Kollen emailed me that he had a Tropical Kingbird on Ocean View Drive
in Harbor (Brookings area) on Saturday.

Terry Wahl reports that on a friend’s private ranch near Langlois on Sunday
there was a large pipit flock with 15-20 Lapland Longspurs and one SNOW
BUNTING. Terry said they were whirling all around but would periodically
land on a fenceline!

At Terry’s family ranch near Cape Blanco the three Tropical Kingbirds
continue. Also had a 2nd RL Hawk and a Say’s Phoebe on Saturday. Terry says
there are lots of Palm Warblers in now too.

On Sunday I saw RL Hawks at Bandon Marsh and at Floras Lake. I camped up
around 4,000 feet near Game Lake in the Kalmiopsis country last night. Very
quiet up there- all the Townsend’s Solitaires are gone but many hundreds of
robins. Did find a couple of Mt Chickadees as a highlight.

Happy birding!
Tim R
Coos Bay

Join us on Facebook!