Date: 11/11/19 3:32 pm
From: Joe Kipper <joe.kipper28...>
Subject: [cobirds] Two Northern Goshawks in Fort Collins (Larimer county)
Good afternoon birders,
This afternoon I went to Spring Canyon Park (in Fort Collins and
photographed an adult Northern Goshawk with and injured eyeball that was
originally reported yesterday. My photos are here
<https://ebird.org/checklist/S61375658>. After I photographed this bird, it
flew off into a neighborhood to the northwest. When I got home (I live
roughly 2.5 miles to the southeast of Spring Canyon Park) there was an
adult Northern Goshawk chasing Eurasian Collared Doves and American Robins
in front of my house. This bird gained flew off to the southeast after it
was evaded by its quarry.
I'm pretty certain that the two Goshawks I saw were different birds, and I
find it unusual to have two adult individuals town on the same day.
Maybe there is a small movement of Goshawks towards lower elevations, so it
might be a good idea to keep an eye out for them at your feeder. Also a new
yard bird for me!
Joe Kipper,
Fort Collins