Date: 11/11/19 2:04 pm
From: newtja84 <newtja84...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Humboldt County
Coming home today I saw a number of flocks of Lapland Longspurs many that
numbered in the hundreds. I was able to pick out a few Horned Larks, and a
couple of Snow Buntings from some of flocks, and one of the flocks was
assailed upon by a Northern Shrike (which is always a nice bird to find in
Humboldt County). Also driving home today from town I found a Bufflehead
on one of the farmer ponds, which was a mild surprise considering the
conditions.

Overall pretty breezy, fairly cold...but it will improve as the week
proceeds I hope.

Jacob Newton
Humboldt County