Date: 11/11/19 10:28 am
From: Ryan Winkleman <rswinkleman...>
Subject: [OrangeCountyBirding] Eurasian Green-winged Teal, Bolsa Chica
Curtis Marantz called to tell me that Dick Norton reported to him a
Eurasian Green-winged Teal at Bolsa Chica Ecological Reserve in Huntington
Beach. The bird was apparently found in the Wintersburg Channel and then
moved over to the pocket pond. Neither I nor Curtis have seen any photos,
but the bird was described as clearly displaying a horizontal white stripe
on its side instead of the vertical white stripe that our American birds
show.