Date: 11/11/19 9:14 am
From: Carr, David E \(dec5z\) via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Lark Sparrow at Blandy Experimental Farm
At about 10:45 this morning I found a Lark Sparrow at Blandy Experimental Farm (Clarke County). The bird flew up from Blandy Farm Lane, just south of the Horse Paddock near the low point in the road, about midway between the paddock and the road to the barn and farmhouse. The bird landed in a honey locust tree, about 50 feet from the edge of the road. I was able to return and get a few terrible photos in the same area (posted to my eBird report), before the bird flew deeper into the pasture.

If you look for this bird, please stay to the road and do not enter the pasture. Thanks.

David Carr

David E. Carr
Director, Blandy Experimental Farm
Research Professor, Environmental Sciences
University of Virginia