Date: 11/11/19 7:22 am
From: Ken Klapper <kklapper...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Unsworth Preserve waterfowl, etc
As others have noted, waterfowl migration has seemed a bit lackluster in many locales. I scoured the Unsworth & Koenig Preserves along Bean Rd in Moultonborough yesterday to see what’s around, before potential freeze over the next few days. There had been a female American Wigeon around for a week and a half (last seen Nov 5), though I did not detect her yesterday. I did see 14 Wood Ducks, 3 Am. Black Ducks, 2 female Green-winged Teal, 9 Ring-necked Ducks, and 6 Hooded Merganser. There was also a late-ish Winter Wren and a few bluebirds along the Old Harvard Rd side. Nearby, in Sandwich, the Leach Parcel of LRCT’s Red Hill River South property held single Fox and Swamp Sparrows.

Ken Klapper
Sandwich, NH