Date: 11/11/19 5:39 am
From: Patrick Maurice <patrickmaurice1...>
Subject: [GABO-L] LBAS First Birdwalk at Sandy Creek Nature Center--11/10/19
Hey all,

I thought I'd share that I led the first official birdwalk for UGA's Lilly Branch Audubon Society yesterday morning at Sandy Creek Nature Center in Clarke County.

We had a great turnout of 10 people on a chilly November morning and managed to find 41 species!

The winter songbirds have arrived and our walk around Sandy Creek Nature Center was highlighted by cooperative Hermit Thrushes, two singing Winter Wrens, and a flock of 24 Rusty Blackbirds foraging on the edge of Claypit Pond! I've attached the eBird checklist below for anyone that wants to hear the Winter Wren's lovely song and see a couple pictures.

https://ebird.org/checklist/S61331782

Good birding all,
Patrick Maurice
Athens-Clarke County