Date: 11/10/19 3:33 pm
From: <whoffman...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Odd goose at Arlington
Hi -

This is a first-fall Lesser Snow Goose. The dark on the crown and nape are more pronounced than usual, but otherwise it is pretty typical. The bill shape, including gape, and the bill and foot colors are all typical, although they should change over the next few weeks.

A domestic goose derivative should have longer bill without the gaping gape, a longer and thicker neck, and likely a more pendulous butt.

Young of arctic geese often can be very approachable when they arrive in the lower 48.

Wayne