Date: 11/10/19 2:51 pm
From: Jeff Bray <jbray4913...>
Subject: [OrangeCountyBirding] Highlights of the monthly walk at San Joaquin Marsh - 10 NOV
The monthly walk at San Joaquin Marsh took place today with about 25 folks
that showed up to see and/or hear the 87 species we encountered. Thanks to
Garrett Lepper for helping out today. Always good to have a co-leader!

Highlights included the continuing YELLOW-CROWNED NIGHT-HERON and CATTLE
EGRET. We looked for the Neotropic Cormorant, but were unable to find it.
There has been no confirmed sighting of that bird since October 31. An
unexpected bird was a CALIFORNIA GNATCATCHER that was seen along the path
on the north side of Pond C. It was by itself, mewing loudly. There were
also Blue-gray Gnatcatchers nearby, so it was a good study for us to hear
both species at the same time.

List below of the birds that we had. A great walk this morning! Thanks for
coming out.

https://ebird.org/checklist/S61343271