Date: 11/9/19 5:29 pm
From: linda phelan thompson <lindaphelanlmt...>
Subject: [obol] Barred Owl
Hello Obol readers,
I was very surprised to see a Barred Owl sitting in a
Maple tree when I stepped outside this afternoon. It silently hopped to a
different branch, and then to the tree directly behind my porch. It was not
at all concerned by my presence, but the Juncos were all atwitter about it.
A Hummer buzzed up close to check it out, and a lone Bushtit came in and
out to observe. I've heard of them being seen locally, but this was the
first time I've seen one, anywhere. And what close views I got. It stayed
around until the neighbor's horrendously bright lights came on at dusk. I
wonder if it will come back for the birds, it sure was looking at them. It
wasn't as big as I expected.

Linda, Fanno Creek trail, Tigard

--

*Linda Lee*