Date: 11/9/19 9:04 am
From: Britta Lee Shain <howlingcoyote...>
Subject: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] Female Black-headed Grosbeak in Vallecito backyard, Anza-Borrego Desert State Park
A lone Black-headed Grosbeak visited our backyard drip in Vallecito on November 3rd. I had never seen one this late in the year, and was shocked by how battered she appeared with what would turn out to be a deformed bill, worn feathers and even some dried jam on her face. Thanks to the benevolence of more experienced birders, I was finally able to ID her as a female Black-headed as opposed to a Rose-breasted.

3 photos at: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S61287037

Britta Lee Shain
Vallecito in the Anza-Borrego Desert State Park

View/Reply Online (#10233): https://groups.io/g/SanDiegoRegionBirding/message/10233
-=-=-
---<br />Please join us at the monthly meetings of San Diego Field Ornithologists (SDFO) at 6pm on the third Tuesday of every month in the Hoffman Room of The San Diego Foundation, 2508 Historic Decatur Rd., San Diego, CA 92106. Guests welcome, but membership encouraged for only $25 a year. <br />---
-=-=-

Join us on Facebook!