Date: 11/9/19 7:28 am
From: Taylor Sturm <tjsturm...>
Subject: [nysbirds-l] Western Meadowlark, Northport, Suffolk co.
Hi all,

Just a little while ago I had a probable western meadowlark at Crab Meadow Beach in Northport, Suffolk Co. I made some recordings of its vocalizations which seemed (along with its plumage) consistent with Western and at odds with Eastern.

The bird was initially spotted atop Juniper and Ailanthus trees by the gazebo in the park’s southeast corner but flew over the trees (roughly southwest) towards the marsh. It looked like it was going to put down there, but I was unable to relocate it.

There’s no fee at this time of year.

Best,
Taylor Sturm

Sent from my iPhone