Date: 11/8/19 11:33 pm
From: Paul Sullivan <paultsullivan...>
Subject: [obol] Gilliam County Raptor Routes (with a Morrow county Gyrflacon)
I did my two Gilliam County Raptor Routes these last two days. Each route
takes in a slice of Morrow county.

North Gilliam County route, Nov 7 (north of Condon, lower elevation)

13 Red-tails

3 Rough-legs

10 Kestrels

3 Prairie Falcons

1 imm Bald Eagle

2 imm Golden Eagles

4 Northern Shrike

2 Loggerhead Shrike

South Gilliam County route, Nov 7 (south of Condon, higher elevation)

4 Red-tails (in 150

3 Rough-legs

10 Kestrels

1 Prairie Falcons

1 GYRFALCON (a first for me in Morrow county)

3 N. Harriers

1 Cooper's Hawk

1 N. PYGMY OWL (a first for me in Gilliam county)

1 Loggerhead Shrike

Plus I got great views of two different CANYON WRENS, a first for me in
2019. Beautiful birds!)

The gray-phase GYRFALCON was on a pile of crushed rock on Hale Ridge Rd, off
Hwy 206, east of Condon, just into Morrow county. Location:
45.263658,-119.994122

It was feeding on a Chukar.

Good birding, everyone,

Paul Sullivan