Date: 11/8/19 9:44 am
From: Joan Grant <curlewjoan...>
Subject: [wisb] Re: Yard birds (winter finches)
<mikecurlew...>
On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 8:25 PM Ryan Brady <ryanbrady10...> wrote:

> Daryl, there have been no documented sightings of Common Redpoll in the
> state this fall. Also no confirmed reports of Evening Grosbeak, Bohemian
> Waxwing, or White-winged Crossbill. Only one Pine Grosbeak report and a
> handful of Red Crossbill reports, while Pine Siskins continue sporadically
> as they have all through summer and fall. If any winter finches grace us in
> numbers this winter, it will be both unexpected and not anytime soon as at
> least some signs are typically evident by now here in the north.
>
> Ryan Brady
> Washburn, Bayfield County, WI
>
>
>
>
> From: <wisbirdn-bounce...> <wisbirdn-bounce...> on
> behalf of Gmail <bhaunts...>
>
> Sent: Thursday, November 7, 2019 1:12 PM
>
> To: <wisbirdn...> <wisbirdn...>
>
> Subject: [wisb] Yard birds
>
>
>
>
> I had two surprising yard birds today, especially one. Around noon I
> happened to see a bird land near one of my thistle feeders. Before it
> could get to them it was chased vigorously by finches and juncos---Common
> Redpoll. It has not
> returned as the birds are very active today. Hard to explain this one
> considering last winter's "performance" of winter finches and the forecast
> for this winter.
>
> Then less than an hour later I saw a bird land near my feeders. It was an
> immature female Rose-br. Grosbeak. It has returned a few times although I
> do not have in sunflower seeds out as the squirrels have been the worst I
> have ever seen here during the past
> month. Cannot keep any sunflower seeds even in the "squirrel proof"
> feeder. Darn.
>
> Daryl Tessen
>
> Appleton,, WI
>
>
>
>
>
> ####################
>
> You received this email because you are subscribed to the Wisconsin
> Birding Network (Wisbirdn).
>
> To UNSUBSCRIBE or SUBSCRIBE, use the Wisbirdn web interface at:
>
> https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.freelists.org%2Flist%2Fwisbirdn&amp;data%7C01%7C%7C2d271c267b0744a13d3808d763c75e86%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637087580317685103&amp;sdata=xqIUT%2FGqoGPwbkKwfQXxS1pv6%2FEA2480%2F%2BtZ556GtLc%3D&amp;reserved=0
>
> To set DIGEST or VACATION modes, use the Wisbirdn web interface at:
>
> https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.freelists.org%2Flist%2Fwisbirdn&amp;data%7C01%7C%7C2d271c267b0744a13d3808d763c75e86%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637087580317685103&amp;sdata=xqIUT%2FGqoGPwbkKwfQXxS1pv6%2FEA2480%2F%2BtZ556GtLc%3D&amp;reserved=0
>
> Visit Wisbirdn ARCHIVES at:
>
> https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.freelists.org%2Farchives%2Fwisbirdn&amp;data%7C01%7C%7C2d271c267b0744a13d3808d763c75e86%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637087580317685103&amp;sdata=Ds1%2FhmEqD3iKOGv81XdAEaY91a%2B49TktSkX5%2BHW1BHY%3D&amp;reserved=0
>
>
>
>
>
> ####################
> You received this email because you are subscribed to the Wisconsin
> Birding Network (Wisbirdn).
> To UNSUBSCRIBE or SUBSCRIBE, use the Wisbirdn web interface at:
> http://www.freelists.org/list/wisbirdn
> To set DIGEST or VACATION modes, use the Wisbirdn web interface at:
> http://www.freelists.org/list/wisbirdn
> Visit Wisbirdn ARCHIVES at: http://www.freelists.org/archives/wisbirdn
>
>
>

####################
You received this email because you are subscribed to the Wisconsin Birding Network (Wisbirdn).
To UNSUBSCRIBE or SUBSCRIBE, use the Wisbirdn web interface at: http://www.freelists.org/list/wisbirdn
To set DIGEST or VACATION modes, use the Wisbirdn web interface at: http://www.freelists.org/list/wisbirdn
Visit Wisbirdn ARCHIVES at: http://www.freelists.org/archives/wisbirdn


 
Join us on Facebook!