Date: 11/8/19 8:24 am
From: Christine Kooi <cjkooi...>
Subject: Re: [LABIRD-L] NOWH continues.
Fellow birders,

I contacted the De Ridder airport management this morning about access over the weekend, and this was the response:

"There will be folks around the airport tomorrow but I'm not sure what time or how long. 10am-2pm would be a safe timeframe. I will be here Sunday from around 11am to 12:30pm on Sunday. The gate will be closed after these times. The Wheatear has been visible from public access areas/roads just outside the airport fence, you may visit these areas any time. Normal hours are M-F 7am-5pm.

Thanks,

Sam Lack
Manager
Beauregard Regional Airport
1220 1st Ave
DeRidder, LA 70634
(337)463-8250"

So, stay outside the fence, and you might have a chance to see the bird if it lingers through the weekend.

Good birding,

Christine Kooi
Baton Rouge