Date: 11/8/19 4:41 am
From: Anna Piccolo <sweetestlight9...> [arlingtonbirds] <arlingtonbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [Arlington Birds] Oak Grove
Hi Everyone

I went to Oak Grove yesterday to try and find the yellow bellied
sapsucker. This was by the old relocated cemetery where they
usually are heard and seen. It was quiet. I headed up the hill,
to explore more places, and then at the edge of the cemetery
near Brooks I heard a steady tapping. I went closer and finally
located the source of the tapping, and it was a female pileated
woodpecker. A very quiet one even as she flew to another tree.

This was indeed a lovely surprise and a gift. A pileated for a
sapsucker. Technically, the bird was found in Brooks and not
OG. Pileated woodpeckers are being seen and heard more
often in Brooks than in previous years.

As I continued walking, just for a moment, I thought that I heard
a sapsucker but the call was not repeated, and it remained quiet except
for the wonderful red bellied woodpeckers. I love these birds.
Anna

Sent from my iPad

Posted by: Anna Piccolo <sweetestlight9...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)