Date: 11/7/19 6:35 pm
From: James P Smith <keenbirder...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Re: Pacific-slope Flycatcher and other notable passerines in the Poineer Valley
Greetings all,

I'm not sure if my original post has gone through to Massbird but I now see
a further ebird report of the Pacific-slope Flycatcher from today (Nov
7th), so definitely still worth a try though my experience on cool blustery
days has been poor. I've now seen the bird on three out of six visits but
had the least success on windy days.

https://pioneerbirding.blogspot.com/2019/11/ma-pacific-slope-flycatcher-plus.html

Good birding,

James P. Smith
Northfield, MA.

On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 9:22 PM James P Smith <keenbirder...> wrote:

> Greetings birders,
>
> There's been some nice passerine action in the Pioneer Valley during the
> opening week of November not least of which has been the continued presence
> of the Pacific-slope Flycatcher off Huntington Road in Hadley. The last
> ebird reports that I know of come from Nov 5th, and I had fantastic views
> on Nov 4th.
>
> Other notables include a White-eyed Vireo on private land in Montague,
> found by Brian Kane and Noel Watkins on Nov 3rd and still present on Nov
> 5th, a Marsh Wren at Turner's Falls Rod and Gun club on Nov 5th and a late
> Nashville Warbler in Deerfield Meadows on Nov 2nd.
>
> Images of the Pacific-slope Flycatcher and some of the other species
> mentioned above can be seen here;
>

> https://pioneerbirding.blogspot.com/2019/11/ma-pacific-slope-flycatcher-plus.html
>

> Good birding,
>

> James P. Smith