Date: 11/7/19 3:36 pm
From: Josh Bruening <87211jjb...>
Subject: [cobirds] Weld/Larimer-a few quick notes.
All,

Just a couple of quick observations. I had to run to Windsor (Weld) first
thing this morning for work. Stopped by Windsor Lake (not Reservoir) for a
quick scope around the water. There was a male Barrow's Goldeneye
intermixed with 120 or so Commons. I was able to get some decent
digiscoped pics I will upload to Ebird when it decides to start working
again.

I returned home (Larimer-mid-town Ft Collins) to thumb through a mountain
of other work stuff, but didn't get 2 steps out of my car before it was
clear there were far more birds than normal in my neighborhood. A large
group of Am Robins and Red-winged Blackbirds were mingling with an even
larger group of Waxwings. I was able to get through about 100 birds that
were almost all Cedars but found 3 Bohemian Waxwings in the group. There
were probably another 100 birds that will go down as Bohemian/Cedars. An
extremely loud garbage truck rolled through and spooked the whole group.
They flew south of Horsetooth Road in the vicinity of the Tradition
intersection (halfway between College and Shields). They were in the
crabapples in my hood before they moved on. Either way, keep your eye out
for Waxwing flocks. These are the first Bohemians I've seen in Colorado
for a few years now. At least the bird kind anyways...

Bird is the word!

Josh Bruening
Fort Collins