Date: 11/7/19 1:13 pm
From: Gmail <bhaunts...>
Subject: [wisb] Yard birds
I had two surprising yard birds today, especially one. Around noon I happened to see a bird land near one of my thistle feeders. Before it could get to them it was chased vigorously by finches and juncos---Common Redpoll. It has not returned as the birds are very active today. Hard to explain this one considering last winter's "performance" of winter finches and the forecast for this winter.
Then less than an hour later I saw a bird land near my feeders. It was an immature female Rose-br. Grosbeak. It has returned a few times although I do not have in sunflower seeds out as the squirrels have been the worst I have ever seen here during the past month. Cannot keep any sunflower seeds even in the "squirrel proof" feeder. Darn.
Daryl Tessen
Appleton,, WI