Date: 11/7/19 10:24 am
From: Lawrence Gardella <lfgardella...> [albirds] <albirds-noreply...>
Subject: [ALBIRDS] Sprague's Pipit
I went down to Kaiser Road in Magnolia Springs, Baldwin this morning. On
my first visit I saw at least 400 Tree Swallows, most of which were on the
ground (the grass, the gravel road, the dirt) but no pipit except for an
American. I returned an hour or so later and saw the Sprague's Pipit Geoff
Hill originally found and Craig Litteken saw well yesterday. It flew from
the grassy (west) side of the road very near Baldwin CR 12 over to the
grass between the road and the dirt just ten feet or so farther from CR
12. There it was out of sight in the higher grass until I went over to try
for a photo and it took off (without calling) and flew over CR 12. The
bird is likely to be found again right at the edge of Kaiser Road, but it
appears to spend at least some time elsewhere in the area.

I joined Geoff Hill on Benton Road where he was hoping to see a Swainson's
Hawk. Unfortunately, we did not have any success on that this morning
looking where a group of us saw five just a few days ago. At least some of
what was 12 Swainson's Hawks are likely still in the general area, however.

Larry Gardella
Daphne

Join us on Facebook!