Date: 11/6/19 4:06 pm
From: Nicholas Mrvelj <nickmrvelj...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Sauvie Island Emperor Goose
Birders,

The EMPEROR GOOSE was apparently seen today between 1 pm and 2 pm near a
Rentenaar Road. I just read this on the Oregon Birding Facebook page.
Unfortunately, it sounds like it flew west.

From Kate Atkins:

“Bird continues per Tom Magarian, Rentenaar Rd. from about 1300-1400, flew
west.“

I spent about an hour and a half looking from the dike at the end of
Rentenaar Rd. yesterday evening. While I was not able to relocate the EMGO,
I did luck upon seeing a BRANT flying around at one point, also flying west.

Good luck to those that chase,
-Nick Mrvelj (Portland)

On Wed, Nov 6, 2019 at 2:10 PM France Davis <france.in.oregon...>
wrote:

> I spent an hour and a half scoping a mixed flock of thousands of geese on
> Sauvie Island this morning but could not pull an Emperor out of the mass.
> The flock was on the west side of Reeder Road, just north of the Sauvie
> Island Wildlife Viewing area. It could have been in there, but the birds
> were constantly moving around and coming & going from the flock.
>

> *France Davis*
> *SW Portland*

Join us on Facebook!