Date: 11/6/19 10:45 am
From: steve kimbrell <galvmcm...>
Subject: Wednesday Walk Elkins/Randolph county incl. a Rusty & a Red-wing
There was a hundred and more Robins, beaucoup Cedar Waxwings & far more
starlings in the ornamental crabapples, plumbs &other fruiting trees in the
parks.

WedWalk 11-6-19 tally: Elkins/Randolph County Tygart's Valley River flood
control (FC) Complex including: the Spillway area, 1st FC levee (upstream)
to Georgetown Road then Glendale and Riverbend parks. Partly Cloudy, 29
degrees F. then clearing and warming into 50's F. with Herb M., Jackie B,
&Steve K. 39 species
Canada Goose
Mallard
Green-winged Teal female (f.)
Bufflehead f.
Gadwall -7
Hooded Merganser f.
Mourning Dove
Rock Pigeon
Great Blue Heron -2
Belted Kingfisher -2
Turkey Vulture
Raptor (sp.) inferred listing. The racket of Starlings, Robins and Cedar
Waxwings suddenly hushed and all birds present discretely left
the area or ducked out of sight. It remained quiet several
minutes.
this we took as indication of a raptor present, like the resident
Coopers Hawk on this side of town.
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Hairy Woodpecker
Northern (yellow-shafted) Flicker
Blue Jay
American Crow
Black-capped Chickadee
Tufted Titmouse
White-breasted Nuthatch
Carolina Wren
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
Eastern Bluebird
American Robin
Gray Catbird *all along 1st flood control levee road
Northern Mockingbird * " " "
Brown Thrasher * " " " "
European Starling in pretty winter colors
Cedar Waxwing
House Sparrow--in town
House Finch
American Goldfinch
Palm Warbler
Eastern Towhee
Field Sparrow
Song Sparrow
Northern Cardinal
Red-winged Blackbird -1 male
Rusty Blackbird -1 male

for Elkins/Randolph County and our WedWalk Co-birders,
Steve Kimbrell

Join us on Facebook!