Date: 11/5/19 9:35 pm
From: Hendrik Herlyn <hhactitis...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Raptor ID Help
Hi Susan,

Looks spot-on for a Merlin to me. Sharpie should have more rounded wings
with a different pattern underneath, a different tail pattern, and coarser
streaks on the chest. In one of the photos you can also see the little hook
on the side of the upper mandible (known as the "falcon's tooth") that is
characteristic for falcons and lacking in other raptors.

Too bad this beauty met an early demise!

Cheers

Hendrik

--
Hendrik G. Herlyn