Date: 11/5/19 5:29 am
From: William Freedberg <4mrfish...>
Subject: Re: [MASSBIRD] Godwit-- please report all window strikes!
Massbirders,

If anyone follows up on this or can confirm the record with photos, I
would love to hear about it.

Mass Audubon is collecting data on window strikes, and incidental
records are very useful-- especially if we can collect the bird to
determine cause of death.

*****Please report any and all window strikes to 617-899-5525*****
(and text photos if you can). In many cases, Mass Audubon staff will
be able to pick up the specimen to bring to the Harvard MCZ.
Occasionally, we can also transport an injured bird to a vet or
licensed rehabber. (We are not rehabbers ourselves, and can't accept
injured birds at our sanctuaries).

Thanks,
Will

PS. Without hearing about size or any field marks other than "buffy
colored," I would guess this is an American Woodcock. They are
commonly found dead downtown due to window strikes, and occasionally,
starvation.

On Mon, Nov 4, 2019 at 7:01 PM Devin Hefferon <dhefferon...> wrote:

> My wife claims to have seen what she thinks was a godwit of some kind dead or dying in downtown Boston this evening. She said it was very buffy colored. No photos.
> If anyone’s in the area of Oliver and Franklin St please take a look.
>

> Devin Hefferon
> Melrose

Join us on Facebook!