Date: 11/5/19 5:26 am
From: Melvin Weber <mweber...>
Subject: [LABIRD-L] Cameron and southern Calcasieu
Ralph Cambre and I did Cameron on Monday. Weather was great. Few insects, but fewer then expected birds. Our goal was 125 species for the day. Should be easy on a normal day in fall migration. Of course, all birds are good, but the few better species were: a couple of Redheads on Rutherford road, 300 Sandhill near Pine Pasture road, 3 Oyster-catchers on Holly Beach west, 21 Snowy Plovers, 2 Long=billed Curlews and 2 Marbled Godwits, 2 Franklin gulls, 1 Reddish Egret, 1 Broad-winged Hawk, 9 Caracaras, 5 Merlins, 2 Peregrines, 1 Western kingbird, 4 Scissor-tails, 1 Warbling Vireo, only 6 Warblers and 3 Sparrows. Also many, many easy misses so we ended up with 119 species. Maybe next time.

Join us on Facebook!