Date: 11/5/19 2:13 am
From: Patrick Baize <pkbaize...>
Subject: Re: [birders] OT: Where to Bird and see Wildlife in Florida?

I always like to go to Honeymoon Island

Pat B. Howell, Michigan

On Monday, November 4, 2019, 9:09:31 AM EST, 'Melissa Pappas' via Birders <birders...> wrote:

I grew up in Florida. Someone briefly mentioned Ft. De Soto. It's a fabulous place to visit and to bird. There's beach with all kinds of peeps (turnstones, plovers, sanderlings, etc.) and usually many varieties of gulls and brown pelicans. There are usually dolphin just off shore. Ft. De Soto also has many brackish pools near parking lots that hold lots of ducks (all kinds). The trees around parking areas also hold all kinds of passerines. We stumbled on a very large mixed flock of warblers and vireos when we were visiting for Christmas one year.
The Pinellas County area also has many places where you can see manatees. There are also various areas holding loud colonies of several varieties of parrots and parakeets.
 Melissa PappasHamburg Township, Livingston County, MI
"One can get in a car and see what man has made. One must get on a horse to see what God has made."  ~ Author Unknown

On Sunday, November 3, 2019, 02:43:23 PM EST, Eve Wilson <evew...> wrote:

My husband offered to send me and my 27 yr old daughter who loves wildlife to Florida this winter to see birds and wildlife. I’m asking for input about best places to take a non-birder to enjoy abundant wildlife and birds. We haven’t picked a destination yet and would love suggestions!
Thanks!
Eve

Sent from my iPhone

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org